Would you like to give your kitchen a brand new look without spending a fortune? Your kitchen cabinets, most likely, take up a great deal of space in your kitchen and giving them a new modern facelift can make your kitchen really sparkle. Over time kitchen cabinets can fade, chip, and just show wear and tear.
Why go through the hassle and expense of pulling out perfectly good kitchen cabinets when all you are looking for is a new design? Completely replacing cabinets can be expensive and the entire project can take a few weeks to complete.
Updating your kitchen will increase the value of your home. Most families spend a great deal of time in the kitchen and a bright, modern kitchen will create an excellent impression on potential buyers. Most realtors agree that a great kitchen is the one thing that “sells” a house.
It’s the “Going-green” Thing to Do
Recycling your old cabinets by refacing is an environmentally friendly thing to do. You will not be adding to the, ever growing, landfill problem.
If you are a do-it-yourself kind of person you can really save big. There are numerous resources online that give step-by-step instructions. You can have access on a wide variety of laminates available.
- Many large Prices vary depending on the type of laminate so there are choices for every budget.
- Another benefit to refacing over replacing cabinets is that your kitchen will remain usable during a refacing project.
- Refacing material is widely available at many home improvement stores and hardware stores.
- In addition, some home improvement outlets provide assistance on how to measure and purchase refacing materials. They can also recommend the correct tools for the job.
If you prefer, you can hire a professional to reface your cabinets. They will handle all the measuring and installation.
- The professional will also provide laminate choices for you.
- Be sure to investigate any contractor you are considering hiring. Ask for proof of insurance, check them out with the Better Business Bureau and ask for referrals.
- It is also a good idea to get at least three estimates before deciding on a contractor. Ask neighbors and friends if they have recommendations.
- A personal recommendation from someone you know and trust can be a great resource.
Overall, cabinet refacing is a time-saving and money-saving choice. In addition to saving time and money, you will be making an ecco-friendly decision. Weather you do the project yourself or hire someone; you will be on your way to a beautiful new kitchen.
David Trott writes on behalf of Granite Transformations. It is a company which offers the best kitchen refacing service.